Arts and Music
The real people who modeled for famous works of art.
Mona Lisa Gioconda
- Modeled for Leonardo da Vinci''s famous ''''Mona Lisa''''
- Posed for Titian
Elizabeth of York
- As wife of Henry VII, she was the most-viewed model of all time
- Posed for her husband, Peter Paul Rubens
Pilar Teresa Cayetana
- Posed for many of Francisco Goya''s paintings
- Model for most of Dante Gabriel Rossetti''s works
Jeanne-Emilie Bheux du Pusieux
- Sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi used her to model the form of the Statue of Liberty
- The first of Pablo Picasso''s models
Dora Maar (died 1997)
Photographer and painter.
- The model for many of Picasso''s ''''weeping woman'''' portraits
Rose Will ''Rosie'' Monroe (died 1997)
American aircraft factory worker.
- Featured as ''''Rosie the Riveter'''' on WWII posters encouraging women to work in the defense industry
BabyNamer has been redesigned, rebuilt and rejuvenated. Please .